8.26.16                 Salt and Light

How much is too much light? It is very hot at my house today and the sun is in full splendor. Every thing is bathed in sun and bright light and the heat of it is in full force. It is so bright that I need to shield my eyes to be able to see anything, or put on my sunglasses.
This concept made me ponder on the directive from Jesus for us to be the salt and light of world and what that means to me. We know that light dispels darkness and darkness is the absence of light. We know this. We know that salt is a preservative and a seasoning and can make us thirsty; and it can also lose it's flavor if left to sit and become hard. When it becomes hard, it is useless and is thrown out into the street to clean the street - it becomes abrasive and tasteless.
We need enough light to see clearly and to be aware of our surroundings, for hidden things to be revealed. We need enough salt to add flavor or to preserve our food. We need to be careful of how we use our salt and be the proper kind of container that keeps it fresh and not allow it to harden and become tasteless. Wisdom dictates we know this and can judge accordingly.
I have seen well meaning Christians becoming so dominant and so aggressive in trying to share Jesus that they literally block Him out and blast others with their own counterfeit light. It's like some of those halogen headlights that we randomly encounter at night on the roads. It is startling to me and I have to look away because they are so bright I cannot see anything else - and it concerns me that I don't hit something or run off the road. And, I am sure we have all tasted food that has been so generously salted we cannot eat it and must spit it out, or food that has no flavor to the salt at all, or salt that is hardened in the container because it has not been taken care of and we cannot use it.  We should share our faith in Christ softly and gently, giving light on ignorance and salt on flavorless life. Kindly and with purpose. Slowly so it can be digested and acclimated. We should not ignore that the Gospel of Christ shared is to be 'salty' enough to make the hearer thirsty for more. We also need to be mindful that we are to be a good container that God can use and not be abrasive. No one wants to be beaten over the head with a big Bible!
Light and salt/flavor are essential to life and most people will receive it gladly, without being forced, when it is given freely and gently.  You are the example. You are the container for this salt and light and you are required to be mindful of it and to care for it.
Let us be about our Father's business by sharing His Good News about His Son.
Let us learn how to be the Light and Salt in the darkness, the flavorlessness and hardness of this world, in a manner that will draw people in and make them want more - to feel loved and welcomed.  Let us remember that we cannot deal with too much brilliant light all at once or too much salt all at once. Others can't either.
So, how do you give out this light and salt to those around you? Are you demanding and aggressive? Are you hard and set in your religious ways? Are you judgmental or critical? Or are you careless and uninterested, just letting your light go out or go dim and your salt to go hard and useless?
God is good. God is kind and gentle and generous. God is the same for everyone, He has no favorites. God desires that all come to Him and receive His goodness and His Life. YOU are the Jesus that most people will ever see. They will judge HIM by how YOU represent Him, once they know you are Christian.  Remember. people 'hear' body language and actions more than they 'hear' words.
Let us serve Him well!

[ Believers Are SaltandLight ] “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."
- Amen

21 Comments to Salt and Light:

Online essay on Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:08 PM
Thanks a lot for the kind of perfect topic I have not a lot of information about it but I have got an extra unique info in your unique post. Perfect description you have provided thanks for sharing.

Internet Marketing Services on Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:19 PM
Thanks for the post. Keep posting..

rolex replica on Sunday, September 10, 2017 8:35 PM
Thanks for the post. Keep posting..

William Mor on Saturday, June 2, 2018 1:42 AM
This is very informative Post. Glad to read it

høj kvalitet replika ure on Saturday, July 14, 2018 2:38 PM

Replica Rolex Watches Uk on Monday, July 16, 2018 3:44 AM
Amazing Article Thanks Or Sharing..

Jaime on Tuesday, January 29, 2019 1:22 AM
I am very happy to reading the whole content of in the blog. This content totally related salt and light introduction for here. I am appreciate in the work. rubber matting

Jorge Andreson on Wednesday, January 30, 2019 4:28 AM
You have shared very great words in this website. I really like and respect these words. I am very thankful to you. I thumbs up this post. Heavy duty rubber matting for entrance ways

hamza on Friday, February 15, 2019 12:37 AM
And, to answer one obvious question: yes, we feel like we are getting a very good value. boxing sparring gloves

Nonton Drama Korea on Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:13 PM
thank you for sharing the post. The blogs you share related to health is very impressive. I read this post and get a lot of useful information from this post.

Sebastian on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:49 AM
Your way of working is very interesting and amazing. I really like it very much. I want more similar topics about this post to increase our knowledge. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing. Click to buy tarpaulin covers

Useless Websites on Monday, February 10, 2020 11:53 PM
Salt and Light Useless Websites

sqribble coupon on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 1:21 AM
Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up.

Bettas For Sale on Wednesday, May 6, 2020 7:17 AM
Good writing. I have read this novel and very like it!

Leo on Thursday, July 9, 2020 7:11 AM
This blog is very effective and valuable. I am very glad to read your blog. I hope you will soon share your next post about this discussion. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing. Most popular gym flooring

Anonymous on Monday, November 16, 2020 1:24 AM
토토사이트 Hello! Nice to meet you. 먹튀검증First of all,안전놀이터 thank you very much for 토토사이트providing us with this variety of information. 꽁머니I think it's information that can be used in many ways. I can't imagine how much effort you've made to write this. Thank you for your hard work. I would appreciate it if you would continue to provide us with such information. In addition, COVID-19 is becoming a problem all over the world these days. I hope there's no harm to you and your family. 먹튀가디언 Thank youhttps://twiddeo.com/And, 먹튀검증토토사이트 Already 2020 is nearing the end. 메이저토토사이트 There were so many incidents this year. 사설토토 I am still feeling a lot of inconvenience and birds due to the special virus. 먹튀사이트조회It's already getting 토토사이트 a lot colder, 안전놀이터 so make sure to 먹튀검증 pack warm clothes. 먹튀요기요 Please spend the rest of https://mtygy.com/ your life happy. 메이저놀이터 Then, have a nice day!놀이터토토 https://twiddeo.com/

Anonymous on Monday, November 16, 2020 9:13 PM
토토사이트 Hello. First of all, 먹튀검증 thank you for allowing me to read such a good post. I really enjoyed it! 먹튀 This content will be 먹튀검증업체 very helpful to me. 먹튀사이트 I live in another country, but your post impressed me deeply 안전한놀이터. I wish I had read this a little earlier. You seem to have a great ability to write 놀이터토토. I envy it so much. 안전놀이터 Because I'm actually running a 메이저놀이터 similar site. It's not enough yet. But there are many posts on my site that you might be interested in. Please visit me sometime and read my post. It must feel interesting. COVID-19 안전놀이터 is becoming a problem all over the world these days, and I'm worried if you 메이저토토사이트 and your country are okay. I hope there are no big problems. 토토사이트추천 Always be careful 토토레프리 and have a nice day today. Goodbye!https://elephonemobile.com/

Anonymous on Monday, November 16, 2020 9:15 PM
토토사이트분석전문블로그 Hello, 안전놀이터검증및연구센터 your post was really impressive to me. 먹튀검증의새로운패러다임 I'm very happy https://remarka.kz/to finally find the article https://kipu.com.ua/I've been searching for. https://subtitles.ee/How did you write this article? 토토사이트 That's amazing. 안전놀이터 It is no exaggeration to 먹튀검증 say that you are an expert 먹튀검증사이트 in this field. 메이저토토사이트 I want to 메이저안전놀이터 learn how to 사설토토 write from you. 공식안전놀이터 Actually, 먹튀검증커뮤니티 I'm posting on 스포츠토토사이트 a similar site. 먹튀검증토토It's not really easy. 사설안전놀이터 That's why I think you're even greater. 최고의안전놀이터COVID-19 is a problem around 먹튀검증업체 the world these days. Are you okay? 검증토토사이트 I would like to thank you again for always being careful and allowing me to read this. Then have a happy day. Thank you. 사설토토사이트 Already 2020 is nearing the end. 확실한먹튀검증 There were so many incidents this year. 토토사이트검증업체 I am still feeling 안전한토토사이트 a lot of inconvenience and 먹튀검증사이트 birds due to the special virus. 안전공원 It's already getting 먹튀신고 a lot colder, 놀이터추천 so make sure to 토토 pack warm clothes. 먹튀 Please spend the rest of 메이저토토 your life happy. 놀이터토토

Howard C. McCombs on Tuesday, December 29, 2020 1:47 AM
At the point when we consider mentoring, we evoke the picture of a shrewd, senior leader coaching a youthful expert. While there’s no uncertainty that this is one of the most gainful mentoring circumstances, it’s not, at this point the main model. Youthful employees are commonly ready to learn and anxious to have any kind of effect To Know More.

prclmats on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 9:42 PM
Open positions offered by associations parc clematis price and work environments in Tampines Central will allow the inhabitants to work close to their homes.When it comes to transportation, Tampines area is a lot of associated

vaopaking on Friday, February 26, 2021 11:24 PM
List Of Top Stock Brokers 2021 They will help you pay the minimum pay interest so you will be out of late fee condition because no credit card company will lose their customers