5.1.20               Good and Righteous

Would you think you are a good person? Based on what criteria? Are you good all the time? Do you only think good thoughts? Speak out good things?  Have no selfish agenda of your own? Never prideful or stubborn?Do only good actions all the time?

Most people, based on human understanding and human criteria, would say they are, with out hesitation.  Which is greater - goodness or righteousness? Do you ever think on that? The real truth is, humans cannot be good or righteous in their own efforts.
Pride sets in. Anger at unfairness or loss sets in, selfish thoughts set in, hard and negative thoughts invade our minds all the time.  Hopefully we do not verbalize these thoughts out loud often! My daughter has a tee shirt that reads "Just because you think it doesn't mean you have to say it!"

The definition of good is, according to Mr. Webster's dictionary, "that which is morally right"  or to be a "benefit or advantage to someone or something". The problem with that is the moral basis or perspective a person has; their belief system. Now, this will vary from culture to culture, belief systems of faith.  So, a good person is one who tries hard to do the right thing and to be considerate and kind to others. This is a hard effort, never to get angry or hurt or disappointed or selfish, etc. It is impossible to be our own moral police - and man, left to his own understanding, will find it hopeless.

Okay, now what is righteous?   (of a person or conduct) morally right or justifiable; virtuous  (having or showing high moral standards, no negative of deficits of character or actions)
Personally, I have times when I am disappointed in someone, angry, impatient, selfish, pride tries to pop in, words rise up in my mouth, and so on. How can a person ever accomplish this goodness and this righteousness? Is it possible? Is there a life manual to go to that will give us the information and training in how to accomplish all this?

Well, glad you asked! The Bible is the Book to go to for all of life's issues and all of man's shortcomings, and for all the hope and training we need to have. This book is our manual for life. Here are some instructions for life that it contains:

Ecclesiastes 7:20  Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.
1 John 2:29  If you know that He (Christ) is righteous (in right standing with God the Father - no sin), you may be sure that everyone who practices this righteousness has been born of Him (salvation in Christ).
1 Peter 2:4  He (Christ) himself bore our sins (actions and attitudes that are fleshly and sinful and separate us from God) in His body on the tree (cross), that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds (on the Cross) you have been healed (mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually)
Philippians 1:11  Filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
Luke 18:19 And Jesus said, "Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.
Micah 6:8  He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God.
Psalm 119:68  You (God) are good and do good; teach me your statutes (ways, commandments).

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, remind me by your Holy Spirit that I need to be In you to be truly good; in and of myself I cannot achieve this. You alone are good and you mean all things to be good in my life as I follow after Christ. Remind me of the Cross and all that was done by Jesus for me so I could have healing and righteousness (right standing with you Father) and eternal life with you. Sometimes I can be so stubborn and so rebellious I think I can do all things by myself. Forgive me. I yield myself to Jesus Christ as my Savior and as the Lord of my life, choosing to yield to His ways and His commands. I want be part of and be in your goodness and have the  desire to live in your righteousness. In Jesus' name,   Amen

20 Comments to Good and Righteous:

Harry on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 3:52 AM
I have read your blog. Your is very great and cool. I want more similar topics about this post to increase our knowledge. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing. We provide best variety non slip for decking

Amy on Wednesday, July 8, 2020 7:17 AM
Thanks for sharing such a good and inspirational interview. These young people are a source of inspiration for young generation. Heavy duty tarps in UK

TImy on Wednesday, July 8, 2020 3:11 PM
I have read the post, you have mentioned about creativity which i found interesting to read.I will come back to the website Gym mats for sale in uk

Salv on Wednesday, July 8, 2020 3:41 PM
This post is amazing. i am so impressed with it Thanks for sharing garage metal shelving systems

Maham on Wednesday, July 8, 2020 4:26 PM
Thank you for the information , I wait for more information and I ask for a return visit our new website get best quality furniture casters from here

Watch Patriots Live on Monday, July 20, 2020 4:29 AM
MLB Baseball Game Watch Colts Live Watch Browns Live Watch Broncos Live

Watch MLB Live on Monday, July 20, 2020 4:30 AM

Nike Shoes on Friday, July 24, 2020 7:22 AM

I need you to thank for your season of this awesome read!!! I definately appreciate each and every p on Friday, July 24, 2020 11:55 PM

Head John on Tuesday, August 18, 2020 11:41 AM
Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up! visit here

Colts Game Live on Thursday, August 20, 2020 5:23 AM
The Indianapolis Colts Colts Football Live are a NFL team based in Indianapolis. Colts Live Game You can watch Indianapolis Colts game live streaming online. Get the latest Indianapolis Colts schedule, TV channel, news update here.Indianapolis Colts Game Live

Giants Game Live on Thursday, August 20, 2020 5:23 AM
Giants Game live stream online. Giants Football Live How to watch New York Giants football game live stream, today/tonight & Find NFL games TV schedule, score, news updates.Giants Game Today Giants NFL Game Live Giants Game Live Online Free Watch Giants Game Live

Packers Game Live on Thursday, August 20, 2020 5:23 AM
The Green Bay Packers Packers Football live are a professional NFL team based in Green Bay, Wisconsin. You can watch Green Bay Packers game live streaming online. Get the latest Green Bay Packers schedule, TV channel, news update here.Packers Football Game live Packers live Game Packers Game Today Packers NFL Football Live Packers NFL Game Live

Tom Paulak on Thursday, August 20, 2020 1:11 PM

Paul Butt on Friday, August 21, 2020 4:53 AM
I have just visited your website is really informative for everyone. I am thankful to you for such type of worthy and valuable info. Keep sharing best stuff in future. click here

Zack Rider on Tuesday, September 1, 2020 12:17 AM
It is the notable point of fact that how one can best analyze and data usefully. I am feeling good that you simply shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. click here

pickmonitor on Tuesday, September 1, 2020 12:45 AM
There can be various circumstances in our life which we have to confront.for more info

andrifinn on Sunday, September 6, 2020 3:21 AM
hey I personally liked your tips, which is really useful for everyone those who have issues related to their machines and filter systems. see here

chandler bing on Monday, September 7, 2020 12:42 AM